REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Make sure the ignition switch is OFF .
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Tag and detach the electrical connectors and the spark plug wires from the coil assembly.
- Unfasten the ignition coil and module assembly retaining bolts, then remove the unit from the engine.
On 2.2L and 2.5L engines, before installing the DIS assembly, check the crankshaft sensor O-ring for damage or leakage. Replace if necessary. Lubricate the O-ring with engine oil before installing.
- Position the coil and module assembly to the engine and install the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug wires to the coils, as tagged during removal.
- Attach the coil and module assembly electrical connectors, as tagged during removal.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
On the 3.1L or 3.4L engines, this procedure must be performed before the engine is started and requires the use of a Tech 1®, or equivalent, scan tool.
If equipped with the 3.1L or 3.4L engine, perform the idle learn procedure to allow the ECM/PCM memory to be updated with the correct IAC valve pintle position and provide for a stable idle speed.
- Install a Tech 1®, or equivalent scan tool.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position, engine not running.
- Select IAC SYSTEM , then IDLE LEARN in the MISC TEST mode.
- Place the transaxle in P or N , as applicable.
- Proceed with idle learn as directed by the scan tool.