REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the ignition coil and module assembly from the engine, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Remove the ignition coils from the module, as previously outlined.
- Remove the module from the assembly plate.
- Position the module to the assembly plate. Carefully engage the sensor to the module terminals.
- Install the ignition coils.
- Install the ignition coil and module assembly to the engine.
On the 3.1L or 3.4L engines, this procedure must be performed before the engine is started and requires the use of a Tech 1®, or equivalent, scan tool.
If equipped with the 3.1L or 3.4L engine, perform the idle learn procedure to allow the ECM/PCM memory to be updated with the correct IAC valve pintle position and provide for a stable idle speed.
- Install a Tech 1®, or equivalent scan tool.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position, engine not running.
- Select IAC SYSTEM , then IDLE LEARN in the MISC TEST mode.
- Place the transaxle in P or N , as applicable.
- Proceed with idle learn as directed by the scan tool.