REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Factory block heaters are not installed on these models. If an aftermarket heater has been installed, the following procedure will most likely work. There are two basic types, one for the oil and one for the coolant. The oil heater usually just slips into the dipstick tube or replaces the oil drainPlug. The following procedure is for the coolant heater.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
- Remove the block heater in the same way as the freeze plugs. Some heater units have a bolt that must be loosened or a V-clamp that must be removed to remove the heating element.
- Detach the heater connector, then remove the heater element.
- Coat the new heater with sealant, then install as removed.
- Fill the engine with coolant, then connect the negative battery cable. Start the engine and check for leaks.