REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the coolant reservoir and/or the air cleaner assembly, as applicable.
- Remove engine strut brace bolts from upper tie bar and rotate strut and brace rearward.
To prevent shearing of the rubber bushing, loosen the bolts on the engine strut before swinging the struts.
- Disconnect the electrical wiring harness from the cooling fan frame.
- Remove the fan assembly from the radiator support.
- Install the fan assembly to the radiator support. Tighten the fan assembly-to-radiator support bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (9.5 Nm). Attach electrical connector.
- Place the engine strut in its proper position, then secure with the retaining bolt.
- Install the coolant recovery reservoir and/or the air cleaner assembly, as applicable.
- Attach the fan wiring harness.
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine, let it warm up and check for proper fan operation.