- Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery. Remove the serpentine belt.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the right side inner fender splash shield.
- Remove the damper retaining bolt.
- Using a crankshaft pulley puller tool, press the damper pulley from the crankshaft.
- Using a small prybar, carefully pry out the seal in the front cover.
Use care not to damage the seal seat or the crankshaft while removing or installing the seal. Inspect the crankshaft seal surface for signs of wear.To install:
- Coat the new seal with oil. Using a seal installer tool, drive the new seal in the cover with the lip facing towards the engine.
Using a crankshaft pulley installer tool, press the crankshaft pulley onto the crankshaft. Tighten the damper bold to the folowing specifications:
2.2L engine: 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm)
- Install the inner fender splash shield. Lower the vehicle.
- Install the serpentine belt. Connect the negative battery cable. Run the engine to normal operating temperature and check for leaks.