REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine from the vehicle, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Remove the right side cylinder head and oil pump drive assembly.
- Remove the timing chain assembly.
- Unfasten the thrust plate screws, then remove the plate.
- Remove the intermediate shaft, using care not to damage journals or bearings.
- Lubricate the intermediate shaft journals and gear with engine oil. Install the intermediate shaft, thrust plate and retainer screws. Tighten the screws to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Replace the O-ring after the sprocket is installed, then install timing chain and gear assembly.
- Install oil pump drive assembly and cylinder head.
- Install engine assembly, as outlined earlier in this section.