REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the intake manifold as outlined later in this section.
- Unfasten the four pushrod cover attaching nuts.
Do not pry on the cover or damage to the sealing surface may result.
To remove the pushrod cover, proceed as follows:
- Unscrew the four nuts from the cover attaching studs, then reverse the two nuts so the washers face outward and screw them back onto the inner two studs. Assemble the remaining nuts to the same two inner studs with the washers facing inward.
- Using a small wrench on the inner nut on each stud, jam the two nuts tightly together. Again, using the small wrench on the inner nut, unscrew the studs until the cover breaks loose.
- After breaking the cover loose, remove the jammed nuts from each stud. Remove the cover from the studs. Examine the stud and rubber washer assembly and replace if either stud or washer is damaged.
- Clean the sealing surfaces on the cover and cylinder block. in. (5mm) bead of RTV sealer or equivalent around the pushrod cover.
- Apply a continuous 3 / 16 in. (5mm) bead of RTV sealer or dquivalent around the pushrod cover.
- Install the cover, then tighten the retaining bolts to 90 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the intake manifold as outlined later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.