REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
For this procedure, a Tech 1® scan tool must be used for the idle relearn procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly drain the coolant from the radiator into a suitable container.
- Unfasten the intercooler-to-intake manifold duct attaching bolt at the thermostat housing, then remove the intercooler to intake manifold duct.
- Disconnect the air cleaner-to-turbocharger duct from the turbocharger.
- Detach the air cleaner inlet duct.
- Remove the air cleaner and duct assembly.
- Disconnect the turbocharger-to-intercooler duct from the turbocharger.
- Remove the turbocharger heat covers.
- Detach the oxygen sensor electrical connector and remove the oxygen sensor.
- Disconnect the turbo water and oil lines at the turbocharger.
- Tag and disconnect the vacuum lines at the turbocharger compressor outlet and actuator assembly.
- Disconnect the actuator arm from the wastegate.
- Detach the wastegate actuator from the turbocharger.
- Remove the cruise control servo and set aside.
- Disconnect the turbocharger downpipe at the turbocharger.
- Unfasten the the water supply clamp and rubber hose.
- Disconnect the turbocharger drain hose at the drainPipe.
- Remove the turbocharger to exhaust crossover attaching bolts and remove the turbocharger from the engine.
- Install the turbocharger to the engine compartment, then tighten the turbocharger-to-exhaust crossover bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm)
- Connect the turbocharger drain hose at the drainPipe.
- Attach the the water supply clamp and rubber hose.
- Connect the turbocharger downpipe at the turbocharger, then tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm)
- Install the cruise control servo.
- Connect the wastegate actuator to the turbocharger.
- Attach the actuator arm to the wastegate.
- Connect the vacuum lines at the turbocharger compressor outlet and actuator assembly.
- Attach the turbo water line and tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Connect the oil line at the turbocharger and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the oxygen sensor and tighten to 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm). Attach the electrical connector.
- Install the turbocharger heat covers.
- Connect the turbocharger to intercooler duct at the turbocharger.
- Install the air cleaner and duct assembly.
- Install the air cleaner to turbocharger duct at the turbo.
- Install the intercooler to intake manifold duct attaching bolt at the thermostat housing and tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Fill the engine cooling system with the proper type and amount of coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Prime the turbocharger with oil before running the engine. Crank the engine with the fuel pump fuse removed until normal operating oil pressure is achieved.
Perform the idle learn procedure to allow the ECM memory to be updated with the correct IAC valve pintle position and provide for a stable idle speed.
- Install a Tech 1®scan tool.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position, engine not running.
- Select IAC SYSTEM , then IDLE LEARN in the MISC TEST mode.
- Proceed with idle learn as directed by the scan tool.