This procedure is for removing the seals with the head installed on the vehicle. If the head is removed, refer to the valve removal and installation procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rocker arm cover as previously outlined in this section.
- Remove the rocker arm assembly at the valve being serviced.
- Remove the spark plug at the cylinder being serviced.
- On DOHC engines, remove the camshaft over the valve being serviced. -23590 onto the spark plug hole. Apply compressed air to the cylinder to keep the valve in the closed position. B or equivalent, remove the valve keepers, cap, keepers and seal.
- Position the valve seal over the end of the valve.
- Install the spring, cap and keepers using the spring compressor. Carefully release the spring compressor and make sure the keepers are in the proper position.
- Release the air pressure from the cylinder and remove the spark plug port adapter.
- Install the spark plug and wire.
- Install the rocker arm assembly as previously outlined in this section. Reconnect the negative battery cable. Start the engine and check for oil leaks.