REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Suitably support the catalytic converter with a floor jack and a piece of wood.
The cuts must be made as close to the weld(s) as possible to ensure adequate overlap for clamping.
- Cut the front exhaust pipe at the converter.
- Remove the bolts, spring and exhaust pipe from the manifold.
- Remove the exhaust manifold seal from the manifold.
- Install an approved exhaust system clamp onto the converter, do not tighten the clamp.
- Install the replacement pipe by sliding the pipe into the converter opening.
- Install the seal, pipe springs and bolt to the manifold. Tighten the bolts to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm) and the clamp nuts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Remove the converter support.
- Start the engine and check the entire system carefully for leaks.