REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Suitable support the intermediate pipe and muffler.
The cuts must be made as close to the weld(s) as possible to ensure adequate overlap for clamping.
- Cut the intermediate pipe at the muffler in front of the weld.
- Remove the hangers at the muffler.
- Remove the muffler assembly.
- Position two exhaust quality clamps onto the muffler. Do not tighten the clamps yet.
- Install the muffler and hangers.
- Tighten the muffler clamps and hangers to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Remove the support, then carefully lower the vehicle.
- Start the engine and check the entire system carefully for leaks.