REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the antenna mast from the antenna lead.
- Remove the nut from the top of the quarter panel.
- Remove the luggage compartment side trim panel.
- Remove the antenna securing bracket from the quarter panel.
- Disconnect the antenna lead and remove the antenna assembly.
- Install the bracket, nut and bolt.
- Install the antenna and lead.
- Install the nut to the top of the quarter panel.
- Install the mast-to-antenna lead.
See Figure 2
The power antenna may be replaced separately from the motor. The mast should be cleaned when it becomes dirty, but do not lubricate.
- With the antenna in the down position, remove the antenna mast nut.
Do NOT pull the antenna mast up by hand. Clean the bottom the contact spring with contact cleaner and set aside to be reused.
- With the ignition key in the ON position, turn the radio ON to raise the antenna out of the motor.
- Insert the plastic cable into the housing and stop when about 12 in. (305mm) of resistance if felt.
- The serrated side of the cable MUST face the antenna motor. Activate the motor to the down position until the plastic cable retracts into the housing.
- If the cable does NOT retract into the housing, rotate the cable until the cable is pulled into the housing while the motor is operating.
- Install the contact spring to the antenna. Make sure the flanged end of the contact spring faces upward.
- Install the antenna nut and cycle the antenna several times to check operation.
- Remove the luggage compartment side trim panel if the entire antenna assembly has to be replaced.