REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Always remove the hood assembly with an assistant present. Cover the entire area with well padded blankets to prevent damage to the painted surfaces. The hood is heavy and may cause severe damage if not removed carefully.
- Place covers over the front fenders and lower windshield to prevent damage.
- Disconnect the underhood lamp, if applicable.
- With an assistant, remove the hinge-to-hood pivot bolts.
- Disconnect bthe strut or support cylinders from the hood and lift the hood clear of the vehicle.
- Position the hood onto the hinges and loosely install the hinge bolts.
- Install the support cylinders or struts to the hood.
- Align the hood to the body and tighten the hinge pivot bolts to 18-20 ft. lbs. (25-27 Nm).
- Connect the underhood lamp, if applicable.