REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Always remove the trunk lid assembly with an assistant present. Cover the entire area with well-padded blankets to prevent damage to the painted surfaces. The trunk lid is heavy and may cause severe damage if not removed carefully.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and electrical connectors to the trunk lid, if so equipped.
- Tie a string to the wire harness assembly and pull the wire out of the lid. Allow enough string so that when the lid is removed, the wire can be threaded through upon installation.
- With an assistant, remove the four trunk lid retaining bolts and trunk lid.
- With an assistant, install the trunk lid over the hinges.
- Install the four retaining bolts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Pull the string through the lid until the wire harness is through the inner lid. Reconnect the wiring harnesses, if so equipped.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Align the trunk lid by moving the lid to the proper position and tighten the hinge bolts.