REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right side sound insulator panel.
- If necessary for access, remove the instrument panel compartment.
- Disconnect the cable at the module.
- Remove the control panel trim plate and control panel assembly, as outlined later in this section.
- Disconnect the cable from the control assembly, then remove the cable.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Adjust temperature control cable, as outlined later in this section.
If the temperature control lever fails to move to full COLD or HOT, or a large amount of lever spring back is noticed when moving to either of the full positions, the cable clip may need adjustment. Failure to grip the clip in the correct manner will damage its ability to hold position on the cable. The temperature control cable must be replaced if clip retention fails.
- To adjust, grip the clip at the module end of the cable while pulling the temperature control lever to the correct full position (COLD or HOT) and connect.
- Verify correct adjustment by observing for little or no spring back of the temperature control lever and listening for temperature door "slam'' when the control lever is moved to full positions quickly.