REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
Use a door trim panel and garnish clip remover tool J-24595-C or equivalent to remove the door trim panel. Failure to use this tool may cause damage to the retaining clips, panel backing and door.
- Remove the door latch trim plate (coupe and sedan front doors).
- Remove the ashtray (sedan rear doors).
- Remove the seat belt retractor cover (coupe and sedan front doors). Use the door trim panel removing tool J-24595-C to release the clip retainers.
- Remove the door lock trim plate and the power window switch, if so equipped.
- Remove the window regulator handle by removing the inner retaining clip, A common special tool is available for this purpose which is designed to slide between the handle and trim panel and release the spring clip.
- Remove the remote mirror control, if so equipped.
- Remove the trim panel retaining screws.
- Remove the door trim panel using the door trim panel removing tool J-24595-C or equivalent.
- Disconnect all electrical and remote mirror controls.
- Install the wiring harnesses through the openings in the panel, if so equipped.
- Position the trim panel to the door and align the clips. Press the trim panel to the door until all the clips are fully engaged. Align all the holes before engaging the clips.
- Install the screws, remote mirror control and inside door handle bezel, if so equipped.
- Install the window regulator handle or power window switch.
- Install the door trim plate, seat belt retractor cover or ashtray.
- Check each operation for completion of repair.