REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Operate the seat to the full-forward position (full-forward and full-up if six way power seat).
- Remove the track covers and front anchor bolts.
- Operate the seat to the full-rearward position.
- Remove the rear anchor bolts.
- Unplug the electrical connectors (six way power seats).
- With an assistant, lift the seat out of the vehicle making sure the spacer washers remain in place.
Be careful not to damage the interior and painted surfaces when removing the seat assemblies.To install:
- With an assistant, install the seat assembly into place and make sure the spacer washers are located between the floor pan and seat tracks.
- Engage the electrical connectors (six way power seats).
- Install the rear anchor bolts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Operate the seat to the full-forward position.
- Install the front anchor bolts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the track covers and check for proper operation.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Remove the two bolts at the base of the seat bottom (one bolt for buckets).
- Remove the seat bottom by lifting up and pulling out.
- At the bottom of the seatback, remove the two or four anchor nuts.
- Grasp the bottom of the seatback and swing upward to disengage the OFF sets on the upper frame bar. Then lift the seat and remove.
- Slide the seatback into place and make sure the OFF sets are engaged to the seatback.
- Install the retaining nuts and tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the seat bottom into position and tighten the retaining bolts to 18-19 ft. lbs. (25-27 Nm).