REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the strut assembly from the vehicle, as outlined in this section.
- Mount the strut in spring compressing tools J 34013-B and J 34013-88 or equivalents. Compress the spring using the forcing screw just enough to release the tension from the strut mount.
- Remove the strut shaft nut using the proper size Torx®bit and tool J 35669, or equivalent.
- Relieve all spring tension.
- Remove the spring and strut components.
- Inspect all components for wear and/or damage and replace, as necessary.
- Assembly the rear spring insulator. The lower spring coil end must be visible between the step and the first retention tab of the insulator.
- Install the rear suspension coil spring.
- Fasten the dust shield to the lower insulator.
- Install the jounce bumper.
- Install the strut mount. The upper spring coil end must be between the step and location mark on the strut mount.
- Align the strut shaft with tool J 35668 or equivalent.
- Compress the strut assembly with tools J 34013-B and J 34018-88 or equivalent.
- Pull the strut shaft through the strut mount and remove tool J 35668.
- Install the strut mount washer and strut mount using tool J 35669 and the proper size Torx®bit. Tighten the strut mount nut to 72 ft. lbs. (98 Nm).
- Install the strut assembly in the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.