See Figure 1
All W-body cars are equipped with sealed hub and bearing assemblies. The hub and bearing assemblies are not serviceable. If the assembly is damaged, the complete unit must be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle with jackstands.
- Remove the rear wheel and tire assembly.
- If equipped with rear disc brakes, remove the caliper, bracket and rotor.
- If equipped with rear drum brakes, remove the brake hose bracket and drum.
- If equipped, detach the ABS electrical harness.
- Unfasten the four hub/bearing-to-knuckle attaching bolts, then remove the hub/bearing assembly.
- Install the hub/bearing assembly onto the knuckle. Install the four attaching bolts and tighten to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- If equipped attach the ABS electrical harness.
- Install the rotor, caliper and bracket or drum and bracket, as applicable.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly and install the lug nuts finger-tight.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then tighten the lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.