REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle with jackstands.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Scribe the relation of the strut to the knuckle for installation purposes.
- Remove the right and left stabilizer shaft link bolts and open the brackets to remove the insulators.
- Remove the right and left strut-to-knuckle-to-stabilizer shaft nuts. Do NOT remove the strut-to-knuckle bolts.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft by prying the shaft on one side for clearance at the strut.
- Install the stabilizer shaft by prying the shaft on one side for clearance at the strut.
- Install the insulator brackets-to-stabilizer shaft-to-knuckle bolts. Do NOT tighten at this time.
- Install the right and left stabilizer shaft link bolts.
- Tighten the link bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm) and the knuckle bolts to 133 ft. lbs. (180 Nm) for 1988-94 vehicles. For 1995-96 vehicles, tighten the knuckle bolts to 122 ft. lbs. (165 Nm).
- Install the wheel and tire assembly and install the lug nuts finger-tight.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then tighten the lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.