The low oil level sensor activates a light in the instrument cluster when the oil level in the pan goes below a certain level. The sensor is mounted on the oil pan.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Detach the sensor connector harness.
- Drain the engine oil into a suitable container.
- Remove the oil level sensor.
- Install the oil level sensor and tighten it to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Attach the sensor harness connector.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Add the correct type and amount of engine oil to the crankcase, then connect the negative battery cable.