REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the hood and support.
- Detach the washer nozzle hose from the arm.
- Remove the protective cap and nut from the wiper arm.
- Lift each wiper arm and insert a suitable pin or pop rivet completely through the two holes located next to the arm pivot.
- Lift each arm OFF its transmission linkage shaft using a rocking motion. It may be necessary to use a battery terminal puller to remove the arm from the shaft.
- Clean the metal shavings from the knurls of the shaft before installation.
Install the wiper arm onto the linkage shaft and adjust as follows:
- Left Arm: measure from the tip of the blade to the bottom edge of the glass. The measurement should be 2 in. (51mm).
- Right Arm: measure from the tip of the blade to the bottom edge of the glass. The measurement should be 9 in. (229mm).
- Install the arm-to-shaft nut and tighten to 17-25 ft. lbs. (23-34 Nm) and install the protective cap.
- Attach the washer hose, then close the hood.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper operation.