REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 11
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the hood and support.
- Remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Remove the lower reveal molding screws, lower the hood and remove the lower reveal molding.
- Remove the air inlet panel screws, underhood lamp switch and air inlet panel panel with the hood raised.
- If the motor can run, place the crank arm in the inner wipe position as shown in the accompanying illustration.
- If the motor cannot run, rotate the motor crank arm to the inner wipe position by applying suitable locking pliers against the top edge of the crank arm and lower jaw against the crank arm nut and turn the motor to the correct position before disassembly.
- Remove the three bellcrank housing screws and lower the linkage from the module.
- Unfasten the retaining screws, then remove the module assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the module assembly into the vehicle.
- Install the three bellcrank housing screws after lowering the linkage into the module.
- Install the air inlet panel, underhood lamp switch and tighten the panel screws.
- Install the lower reveal molding.
- Install the wiper arm and blade, as outlined earlier in this section.
- If not already done, connect the negative battery cable.
- Adjust the wiper arm positioning as outlined earlier in the Wiper Arm procedure. Check each operation for proper installation.