REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper module assembly from the vehicle as outlined earlier.
- For 1995-96 Chevrolets, separate the wiper motor crank arm from the wiper transmission assembly using tool J 39232.
- Unfasten the nut, then remove the crank arm from the motor.
For all vehicles except 1995-96 Chevrolets, the crank arm must be removed from the wiper motor only. Do NOT remove the crank arm from the transmission assembly because of a factory preset adjustment.
- Unfasten the 3 retaining screws and bracket, then remove the motor from the tube frame.
- If necessary, remove the cover from the wiper motor assembly by removing the retaining screws.
- If removed, attach the cover to the wiper motor and secure with the retaining screws.
- Attach the motor and bracket (if equipped) to the module assembly and secure with the retaining screws. Tighten to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Fasten the wiper motor crank arm on the wiper motor assembly and secure with the retaining nut. Tighten the nut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- For 1995-96 Chevrolets, attach the wiper transmission assembly on the wiper motor crank arm using tool J 39529 or equivalent.
- Install the module assembly in the vehicle, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper wiper operation.