REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove any necessary instrument panel sound insulators.
- Detach the electrical and vacuum connectors from the switch, as applicable.
- Remove any necessary retainers, then remove the switch from the brake pedal bracket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
See Figure 91099g01
With the brake pedal in the fully released position, the stoplamp switch plunger should be fully depressed against the brake pedal shank.
- Insert the switch into the tubular clip until the switch body seats on the tube clip.
- Pull the brake pedal to the rear, against the internal pedal stop. The stoplamp switch will be moved in the tubular clip giving the proper adjustment.
If no clicks are heard when the pedal is pulled up and the brake lamps do not stay on without the brakes being applied, the switch is properly adjusted.