- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the two electrical connectors from the coil
- Using an ohmmeter, check the ignition coil as follows:
See Figure 1
- Reconnect the two electrical connectors onto the coil.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the secondary lead (coil wire). Twist the boot 1 / 2 turn each way, while tugging on the boot. Do not pull on the wire.
- Disconnect the primary electrical connectors (do not pry on latch/lock with a screwdriver, as it may break).
- Remove the ignition coil mounting screw and nuts.
- Remove the ignition coil.
See Figure 2
- Install the screws and nuts to secure the coil.
- Reconnect the primary electrical connectors. Assure that they are fully seated and latched.
- Install the secondary lead (coil wire). Make sure it is fully seated and secured on the coil tower.