REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Remove the negative battery cable
- Remove the air cleaner assembly
- Remove the distributor cap by simultaneously depressing and rotating screws counterclockwise 180°. Lift the cap and wire assembly to disengage it from the housing, and move it aside.
- Carefully remove the screws retaining the rotor to the shaft. Be sure to note the rotor position for reinstallation.
- Remove the electrical connectors from the module, being careful not to break any connector locks.
- Remove the two screws holding the module to the distributor base, and lift the module from the distributor housing.
See Figure 1
Do not wipe the grease from the backside of the module or the distributor base, if the same module is going to be reinstalled. If a new module is going to be installed, a package of silicone grease will be included with it. Spread the grease on the metal face of the module and on the distributor base where the module seats. This grease is used for module cooling. The grease used is the same dielectric compound used on spark plug boots.To install:
- Apply a thin film of dielectric compound to the base of the module (metal back).
- Attach the module to the distributor housing using the two attaching screws.
- Attach the electrical connectors to the module.
- Seat the rotor on the shaft and secure it with two screws.
- Replace the distributor cap by simultaneously depressing and rotating the screws 180° clockwise.
- Install the air cleaner assembly
- Connect the negative battery cable.