REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- If equipped with power door components, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the inner door trim panels.
- If so equipped, unplug the electrical connectors from the power door components and remove the electrical harness from the door.
- Using a suitable tool, etch the position of the door, relative to the hinges, to aid when reinstalling.
- With an assistant supporting the door, unfasten the hinge-to-door bolts, then remove the door from the vehicle.
See Figure 1
- With the aid of an assistant, reposition the door and reinstall the hinge to door bolts.
- If so equipped, install the electrical harness to the door and attach the electrical connectors to the power door components.
- Install the inner trim door panel.
- Adjust the door for proper fit.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Adjust the door so that all gaps between the door and body panel are equal and the door closes easily.
- Make sure the door surface is flush with the body surface.
- Refer to the accompanying figure to alignment specifications.
See Figure 2