The rear liftgate assembly is formed from an inner and outer plastic panel bonded together with structure adhesives. The liftgate has a stationary glass window. The liftgate's hinges are welded to the body spaceframe and bolted to the formed liftgate panels.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the liftgate and support it securely.
See Figure 1
- Remove the right and left side window garnish moldings.
- Remove the liftgate trim finish panel.
Unplug the electrical connectors from the following components:
- Use a small prytool to carefully pry out and remove the strut retaining clip. Pull the end of the strut from the stud.
See Figures 2, 3 and 4
- Unfasten the shoulder bolt securing the upper end of the strut to the strut bracket.
See Figure 5
- With the aid of a helper, remove the liftgate hinge bolts and remove the liftgate assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
See Figures 6 and 7