REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Place jackstands under the frame.
- Lower the vehicle slightly so the weight of the vehicle rests on the jackstands and not on the control arms.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
Drive axle joint seal protectors should be used anytime service is performed on or near the drive axles. Failure to observe this could result in joint or seal failure.
- Place a modified inner drive joint seal protector on the drive axle joints.
- Insert a drift punch through the rotor to keep it from moving, then remove the hub nut and washer.
Clean all of the dirt and lubricant from the drive axle threads.
See Figure 1
- Unbolt the caliper and support it out of the way with a suitable piece of wire. Do not disconnect the brake fluid line. For more details, refer to Brakes of this repair guide.
- Remove the rotor.
- Install a suitable front hub spindle removal tool, then separate the hub and drive axle.
See Figure 2
- Unfasten the three hub-and-bearing retaining bolts, then remove the shield, hub and bearing assembly and O-ring.
See Figure 3