REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner and duct assembly.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the wiper linkage from the wiper motor.
- Detach both heater hoses at the heater core.
- Remove the lower center console.
- Remove both instrument panel insulators.
- Remove the heater outlet module screws, and the heater cover.
- Remove the heater core mounting clip screw, and the heater core line clamp screw.
- Carefully pull the heater core from the case.
- If necessary, remove the foam seals on the heater core module for transfer to the replacement core.
- If necessary, remove the heater core line clamp for transfer to the replacement core.
See Figures 1 through 5
- Installation is the reversal of the removal process. Tighten the mounting screws to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).