The instrument panel assembly contains the instruments used by the driver during vehicle operation, the ventilation and sound system controls, many vehicle convenience items and most of the HVAC outlets. The panel has been designed to facilitate removal of all switches and instruments.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel insulator.
- Remove the knee bolster.
See Figure 1
- Remove the instrument panel accessory trim plate.
- Tilt steering wheel to lowest position.
- Start near the headlamp switch and work toward the center of the vehicle instrument panel cluster trim plate by pulling the release clips securing the instrument panel cluster trim plate to the dash board.
- Remove the instrument panel cluster trim plate from the instrument panel.
- Remove the screws from the gauge cluster to the instrument panel, and detach the electrical connectors.
See Figures 2 through 16
- installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.