REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Open the liftgate.
- Remove the speaker grilles from the trim finish panel by carefully releasing the plastic clips at the top of each grille.
- Remove both speakers.
- Unfasten the screws under the grilles retaining the upper end of the trim panel to the lift gate inner panel.
- Remove the four screws along the bottom and the two at each end of the trim panel.
- Remove the pull strap.
See Figure 1
- Disengage the two plastic retaining studs from the grommets in the inner panel using a garnish clip removal tool.
- Remove the trim panel from the liftgate.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Align the finish panel retaining studs with rings in the inner panel, then with the palm of hand; tap the retainers into the rings.