REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the 2-wire connector (power lead) from the floor.
- Disconnect the fuel door latch cable from the fuel release mechanism.
- Separate the seat adjuster from the floor pan by removing the four mounting stud nuts.
- Remove the 4-mounting studs and separate the seat cushion from the seat adjuster.
- Loosen the setscrew on the fuel release handle and remove the handle.
- Drill out the two rivets from the fuel release assembly and remove the assembly.
- Remove the inboard and outboard side shields by removing the two mounting screws from the top of the shields outward until detached from the seat adjuster.
- Detach the 6 cable connector from the motor and remove the tie wrap from the inboard side shield.
- Remove the switch module from the inboard side shield.
- Spread the positive connection prongs, protruding from the rear at the wire harness connector, outward and separate the switch module from the wire harness connector.
- Using an offset screwdriver, remove the four screws securing the motor to the transmission assembly.
- Disconnect the drive cables from the motor.
See Figure 1
- Install the 3 drive cables to the motor.
- Align the drive cables in the motor with the bearing insert on the transmission assembly.
- Using an offset screwdriver and four screws, install the motor to the transmission.
- Snap the connector on the wire harnesses assembly into the switch module.
- Align the switch module with the alignment slots in the inboard side shield and snap the switch module into place.
- Route the wiring harness over the inboard upper support making certain the harness is situated in the cut out provided in the side shield. Secure the wiring harnesses to the motor with the tie wrap and reconnect the wiring harness to the motor.
- Install the inboard and outboard side shields onto the upper supports and inserts the mounting screws.
- Install the fuel release bracket to the inside left hand riser, using two rivets.
- Install the fuel release handle.
- Install the seat cushion to the adjuster.
- Install the seat adjuster to the floor pan and tighten the bolts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Install the power lead to the connector.
- Connect the fuel door release cable to the fuel door release lever mechanism.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 2