REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel, as outlined earlier in this section.
See Figures 1 and 2
- Roll the window up, and apply fabric backed body tape from the window over the top of the door to the other side of the window. This will hold the window in position when the regulator is removed.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the motor.
- Use a 1 / 4 in. drill bit to drill the rivet heads, then remove the regulator from the door.
- Drill out the motor to regulator rivets, then remove the regulator from the motor.
See Figures 3 and 4
- Lubricate the motor drive gear and the regulator sector teeth, check the mesh of the motor to the regulator and rivet the motor to the regulator.
- Place the regulator through the access opening and position the regulator arm roller into the sash and regulator rail.
- Push the regulator through the regulator door opening and align the holes in the regulator with the holes in the door.
- Use 1 / 4 in. diameter bolts, 1 / 2 in. long, with nylon inserted nuts to reattach the regulator to the door, if the proper size rivets and rivet gun are unavailable.
- Install the wiring harness from the regulator to the motor.
- Install the trim panel as outlined earlier in this section, then reconnect the battery cable.