REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
When reassembling rear axle components, make sure that the bolts attaching the axle to the supports are inserted from inboard to outboard side of chassis. Position the leg of the upper coil on each spring parallel to the axle assembly and towards the side of vehicle.
- Support the rear axle and safely raise the vehicle.
- Remove the right and left brake line bracket attaching screws from the frame. Allow the brake line to hang freely.
- Disconnect the track bar attaching nut and bolt at the rear axle.
- Remove the right and left shock absorber lower attaching bolts.
- Carefully lower the rear axle, then remove the springs and insulators.
See Figure 1
- Position the springs and insulators in the seats and raise the rear axle. The leg of the upper coil on the springs must be parallel to the axle assembly and face outboard.
- Install the shocks to the rear axle and tighten the nuts to 44 ft. lbs. (59 Nm).
- Install the track bar to the rear axle and tighten the nut to 44 ft. lbs. (59 Nm).
- Install the brake line brackets to the frame and tighten the retaining screws to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Remove the rear axle support jack and carefully lower the vehicle.