REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
Do not hammer on the brake drum or damage to the bearing could result.
- Remove the brake drum.
The bolts, which attach the hub and bearing assembly support the brake assembly. When removing these bolts, support the brake assembly with a wire or other means.
- Remove the attaching bolts, then remove the hub and bearing assembly from the axle.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Install the hub and bearing assembly to the rear axle and tighten the retaining bolts to 45 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Install the brake drum.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly, then carefully lower the vehicle.