Removal & Installation
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the air intake tube from the throttle body.
- Disconnect and remove the throttle cable, and any other cables, from the throttle body. Remove the throttle cable bracket.
- Unplug the Idle Air Control (IAC), Idle Air Temperature (IAT), Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), and Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor electrical connectors.
- Remove the three nuts retaining the throttle body support to the intake and the throttle body; remove the throttle body support.
- Remove the two nuts and the stud holding the throttle body to the intake manifold.
- Remove the throttle body assembly.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Thoroughly clean the gasket surface on the intake manifold and the throttle body.
- Install a new gasket, if necessary.
- Install the throttle body assembly, the stud, and the two retaining nuts.
- Tighten the retaining nuts and the stud to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the throttle body support and retaining nuts and tighten to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the throttle cable bracket, and the throttle and other cables.
Make sure the throttle linkage does not hold the throttle open.
- Install the IAC, IAT, TP, and MAF sensor electrical connectors.
- Reconnect the air intake tube.
- Refill the radiator.