REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Tie Rod Ends
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the tire and wheel assemblies.
See Figure 1
- Remove the cotter pin and castellated nut. Discard the cotter pin.
See Figure 2
- Use a suitable puller to separate the outer tie rod from the steering knuckle.
See Figures 3, 4 and 5
- Loosen the jam hex nut at the inner tie rod and remove the outer tie rod end from the inner tie rod.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the outer tie rod to knuckle hex slotted nut to 35 ft. lbs. (50 Nm). If necessary, tighten up to an additional 1 / 6 turn to align the cotter pin in the slot, but do not exceed 45 ft. lbs. (60 Nm). The toe is adjusted by turning the inner tie rod end. Once it is set, then tighten the jam nut to 50 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
See Figures 6 and 7
- Have the front end alignment adjusted, as required.