REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
The fuel meter cover and pressure regulator are serviced as a complete assembly only.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
See Figure 1
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Unplug the electrical connectors at the injectors by squeezing the two tabs together and pulling it straight up.
- Remove the fuel meter cover attaching screws and remove the fuel meter cover.
When removing the fuel meter cover screws, note the location of the two short screws.To install:
- Clean the gasket sealing surfaces and install a new pressure regulator dust seal, fuel meter outlet passage gasket and cover gasket.
- Install the fuel meter cover. Apply Loctite® 262 or equivalent to the screw threads and install and torque the screws to 27 inch lbs. (3.0 Nm).
Install the short screws next to the injectors.
- Reconnect the injector electrical plugs.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position for 2 seconds then turn to the OFF position for 10 seconds. Again turn the switch to the ON position and check for leaks.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.