REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
To avoid personal injury, use the Tech 1® scan tool to relieve the gear tension in the hydraulic modulator. This procedure must be performed prior to removal of the brake control and motor assembly.
- Disconnect both battery cables and remove the battery.
- Remove the battery tray.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose.
- Disengage the two solenoid valve electrical connectors.
- Detach the brake motor pack electrical connectors.
- Wrap a shop towel around the hydraulic brake lines, mark their location, then disconnect the brake lines from the modulator.
Cap the disconnected lines to prevent the loss of fluid and the entry of moisture and contaminants.
- Unfasten the nut attaching the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly to the mounting bracket.
- Remove the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly to the vehicle. Secure using the attaching nut and tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Uncap and connect the brake pipes to the modulator assembly. Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Attach the brake motor pack electrical connector.
- Attach the two solenoid valve electrical connectors.
- Connect the upper radiator hose.
- Install the battery tray and battery. Connect the battery.
- Properly bleed the ABS system, as outlined later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.