REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect both battery cables and remove the battery.
- Remove the battery tray.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose.
- Disengage the two solenoid valve electrical connectors.
- Detach the brake motor pack electrical connectors.
- Wrap a shop towel around the hydraulic brake lines, mark their location, then disconnect the brake lines from the modulator.
- Unfasten the nut attaching the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly to the mounting bracket.
- Remove the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly to the vehicle. Secure using the attaching nut and tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Uncap and connect the brake pipes to the modulator assembly. Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Attach the brake motor pack electrical connector.
- Attach the two solenoid valve electrical connectors.
- Connect the upper radiator hose.
- Install the battery tray and battery. Connect the battery.
- Properly bleed the ABS system, as outlined later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.