REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
For flywheel removal, it may be necessary to obtain a torque angle meter and harmonic balancer retainer to perform the job.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle. Refer to .
- Mark the position of the flywheel on the crankshaft and remove the flywheel retaining bolts.
- Remove the flywheel and spacer (if equipped).
- Coat the threads of the flywheel retaining bolts with thread locking compound.
- Position the flywheel on the crankshaft flange and install the spacer (if equipped).
- Install and tighten the bolts in a alternating star pattern, following the torque specifications found on the chart in this section.
- Install the transaxle. Refer to .
- Connect the negative battery cable.