REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rocker arm cover as outlined previously in this section.
Depending upon application, perform one of the following two steps, as applicable:
- Remove the rocker arm nuts, balls and rocker arms.
- Remove the bolts, pivot balls and arms.
- Clean all the gasket surfaces completely.
- Coat all the valve train components with engine oil prior to installation.
- Install the pushrods and install the rocker arms on the studs. Install the rocker arm balls and mounting nuts. Make sure the pushrods are properly seated in the lifter and rocker arm. Tighten to specifications found in the chart in this section.
- Install the rocker arm cover using a new gasket and tighten the rocker cover bolts to specification.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the vehicle and verify that there are no leaks