REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- If equipped with power door components, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Make sure the window is raised up to its fully closed position.
- Remove the door trim panel, as outlined later in this section.
- If equipped with power door components, move the water deflector enough to access the door wiring harness, then detach the electrical connectors and remove the harness.
- Remove the rubber conduit from the door.
- Unfasten the door hold-open bolt.
- Have an assistant support the door.
- Matchmark the position of the door hinge to the hinge pillar. Unfasten the lower and upper hinge bolts from the pillar.
- With an assistant supporting the door, detach the door from the body.
- Matchmark the position of the door hinge to the door, then unfasten the upper and lower hinge retaining bolts. Carefully remove the door from the vehicle.
- Snug the upper and lower hinge-to-door bolts so the door can be moved.
- With the aid of an assistant, position the door to the body.
- Snug the upper and lower hinge-to-pillar bolts so that the door can be moved.
- Carefully close the door. Adjust the door for proper alignment.
- Slowly open the door.
- Tighten the upper and lower hinge-to- pillar bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Check the door for proper alignment. If the door does not align properly, readjust.
- Install the door hold-open bolt to the hinge pillar bolt. Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- If so equipped, install the electrical harness through the conduit access hole and attach the electrical connectors to the power door components.
- Fasten the rubber conduit to the door.
- Reposition and secure the door water deflector.
- Install the inner door trim panel, as outlined later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Door Height Adjustment
- Open the door and carefully loosen the hinge bolts.
- Carefully slide the door up or down accordingly until the height is correct.
- Tighten the hinge bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Loosen the two striker bolts.
- Snug the striker bolts down but still enough to allow the striker to be moved.
- Open and close the door and adjust the striker so that the door-to-body and lock-to-striker align properly.
- Tighten the striker bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- The hinge-to-door bolts may need to be loosened to adjust the alignment properly.