REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- If the vehicle is equipped with power door locks, windows, or mirrors, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel. Refer to procedure outlined under Door Panel in this section.
- Remove the remote control from the outside rearview mirror remote control bezel (manual only).
- Disconnect the power mirror wire harness (power only).
- Remove the absorber from the door covering the mirror retaining nuts.
- If equipped with power mirrors, detach the electrical connector.
- Remove the mirror retaining nuts from the door while supporting the mirror.
- Remove the mirror assembly.
Position the mirror and hand-tighten the retaining nuts. Tighten the retaining nuts, to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm), in the following order:
- If equipped with power mirrors, attach the electrical connector.
- Install the absorber onto the door.
- Install the remote control to the outside rearview mirror remote control bezel (manual only).
- Install the door upper trim panel.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.