REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the trunk lid and cover the surrounding body panels with suitable protective covers.
- Remove any trim from the underside of the trunk lid (if equipped).
Unplug the wire harness connectors and remove the harness from the trunk lid, as follows:
- Tie a string or a long piece of thin wire to the wire harness assembly.
- Gently pull the wire harness out of the trunk lid. Make sure that there is enough string left that you will still be able to pull the wire harness back through.
- Matchmark the location of the hinges on the trunk lid.
- Have an assistant hold the trunk lid on one side and remove the hinge bolts.
- Remove the hinge bolts on the opposite side while holding the trunk lid.
- Remove the trunk lid from the vehicle.
- Using an assistant position the trunk lid into place.
- Install the hinge bolts finger-tight.
- Line up the marks on the hinges and tighten the hinge bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the wire harness into the trunk lid and attach the connectors.
- Install the trim panel (if equipped).
- Check alignment and correct as necessary.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
The trunk lid should be inspected for fit along the trunk lid edges and the height in relation to the adjacent body panels. The trunk lid can be adjusted for height and side-to-side clearance. The height adjustment is made by installing a suitable shim under the hinge bolts in equal size to the difference in height. The side-to-side movement is made by loosening the hinge bolts and moving the trunk lid to the desired position.