REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
For the front door, remove the front door trim panel insert, as follows:
- Push the lower front corner rearward in order to disengage the hidden plastic tab.
- Push the lower rear corner forward in order to disengage the hidden plastic tab.
- Pull inward in order to disengage the top clip.
- Remove the door handle bezel screw from the handle bezel.
- Remove the power door lock switch from the door handle bezel by prying the power door lock switch from the retainers.
- Detach the electrical connector from the power door lock switch.
- If equipped, remove the manual window crank handle.
If equipped, remove the power window switch, as follows:
- Remove the door power window switch from the door by prying at the top of the switch with a flat-bladed tool.
- Detach the electrical connector from the power door window switch.
- Remove the bezel from the power door window switch by prying out the retainers with the flat-bladed tool.
- Remove the door handle plug with a flat-bladed tool.
- Remove the two door handle trim screws.
- Remove any remaining door panel retaining screws.
- Disengage the door panel retaining clips using tool J-24595 or equivalent.
The door panel retaining clips can also be removed by carefully and gently pulling on the door panel to disengage them from the door.
- Remove the door panel from the door.
- Ensure that the retaining clips are in place on the door panel.
- Position the door panel on the door and gently push the panel into place to engage the retaining clips.
- Install the all the door panel retaining screws.
- The balance of the installation is the reverse of removal.