REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Loosen the wheel lug nuts, then raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Place jackstands under the rear subframe. Lower the vehicle slightly so the weight of the vehicle rests on the jackstands and NOT the control arms.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
Mark the position of the strut-to-rear knuckle fasteners, as follows:
- Using a sharp tool, scribe or mark the knuckle along the outboard strut radius.
- Scribe the strut flange on the inboard side along the curve of the knuckle.
- From inside the trunk, remove the upper strut-to-body nut.
- Remove the strut bolts from inside the fender well.
- Unfasten the strut-to-knuckle bolts.
- Remove the strut from the body.
- Loosely install the strut-to-rear knuckle bolts.
Carefully align the scribe marks to ensure proper alignment.
- Install the strut-to-body bolts inside the fender well.
- Install the strut mount-to-body mounts in the trunk area.
- Install the strut-to-knuckle bolts and tighten to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm).
- Install the rear wheels and hand-tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the lug nuts on the rear wheels to 100 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Check the alignment.
Overhaul the rear strut assembly as outlined under Front Suspension in this section.