REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
Matchmark the installed position of the strut-to-knuckle fasteners, as follows:
- Using a sharp tool, scribe or mark the knuckle along the outboard strut radius.
- Scribe the strut flange on the inboard side along the curve of the knuckle.
- Make a scribe mark across the strut/knuckle interface.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft link.
- Remove the rear lateral link-to-knuckle nut, bolt, and washers. Refer to procedure outlined in this section.
- Remove the brake drum.
- Detach the ABS electrical connector.
- Remove the rear wheel hub.
- Remove the brake backing plate.
- Remove the trailing arm from the knuckle. Refer to the procedure outlined in this section.
- Remove the rear strut-to-knuckle bolts and nuts.
- Remove the knuckle.
- Install the knuckle.
- Install the rear strut-to-knuckle bolts and nuts. Hand-tighten the nuts.
- Connect the lateral links to the knuckle and snug the nut. Tighten lateral link-to-knuckle nut to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm).
- Connect the trailing arm to the knuckle. Tighten the bolt to 51 ft. lbs. (69 Nm).
- Install the backing plate.
- Install the rear wheel hub.
- Attach the ABS electrical connector.
- Install the brake drum.
- Tighten the strut-to-knuckle bolts to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer shaft link, as outlined in this section.
- Install the tire and wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.