The low oil level sensor activates the OIL light in the instrument cluster when the oil level in the pan goes below a certain level. The sensor is mounted on the oil pan.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the engine oil into a suitable container. Refer to procedure in of this guide.
- Replace oil drain plug and tighten to the proper specification.
- Detach the electrical connector from the sensor.
- Remove the bolt in the center of the oil level sensor, then remove the sensor.
- Install the sensor and retaining bolt, then tighten the bolt to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Attach the electrical connector.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Add the correct type and amount of engine oil to the crankcase, then connect the negative battery cable.